This weekend I had the honor of attending Magfest. I’ve attended Magfest 11 last year, and had a blast. Spent time with friends, played chiptune open mic, even found $40 - the cost of entry on the ground at main stage.
One thing to note about Magfest is there are loads of nerds walking around, some in cosplay, some just nerdin’ it up. Feels really at home, but some of these guys could use some improvement on their cosplays.
NOTE: I don’t wanna sound like a bitch posting this, I personally love cosplay. Who doesn’t wanna get their pic taken with a sexy sonic babe, or Final fantasy babe? This is no way a “hate post” about cosplay, cuz I love you guys~
Character: Spookyman Series: Idk
Character: Masked gun-man Series: Borderman 2
This guy had a whole intro prepared including a really weird scary laugh. After we took the photo he wanted to redo it because he did the laugh wrong. We explained to him photos don’t have sound.
Character: Pokeball Series: Pokemon
Character: Shyman Series: mario 64
Character: Harry Quinn Series: Batman
Character: Dr. who fandom Series: awful
Character: Angry Face
Character: Dead mau five Series: Dubstep
Character: “I don’t feel like going out tonight” Bat Woman Series: "let’s just watch anime all day in bed" Batman
Auxcide is a chiptune musician originally from California, but moved to PA recently for some reason. This is my Live-Blogging attempt at his newest album “Speck” released on 8static.
1. The universe fights back Awweee yeeeeh this sheeeeit gonna be tight. ooooooooh pitch bend. shit going down after this pitch bend hits 99 mph. DROP OH MY GOD ITS BEAUTIFUHL SGADSHFJEYJKSDRGGJ. crying wow much tears falling ouch my eyes. awe yeah mmmmm. Ok, everything calmed down. this tha chillin part B) Back into the main melody, crazy noise channel stuff in tha background. ooo it all got real calm for a sec haha. Really like the side chainzz around 2.50 mark. This is like, music for idek. something really dramatic. probably more dramatic than live blogging on tumblr lmao. DO duuuu da DOOO duuuu badadaaaa da daaa~ oh shit! that part with the cutoff haha. 4:45 ish spoiler alert auxcide is spanish for heavy metal chiptune. 6:00 ehh it was ok 10/10
2. Corrupted [ Signalrunners ]
kick kick kick kick kick uhhhh WOAH EXPLOSION yEAAAAAAAAAAH nice arps in tha background, kick kik kick kikc I zoned out for a second trying to fix the font back now what did i miss ooooooo i like that background lead at 1:30 ish jamzzzz. i zoned out again oops sry was checking fb sup. this track is really kicky woooo~ kick kick kick kick 3:15 ish now. kcik ick icki hahahaha lmaoooo. nice outro tho
3. Theme of Everything [ Guile’s Theme ]
woaaaaaaaaah this be ninja turtles in the night in the moonlight feeling right daaaaaamn its also chemical plant its basically everything that was right about the 90s without the slow wifi or actually no wifi haha. JAMMING WOW. I like the background PEW PEW PEW at 1:20 really nice track my fav so far on the album woo. those arps in the background wowowowow at 2:00 kick kick bas bass bass PEW Pew pew PEW Pew pew haha nice 10/10
woaaaaah glicky kick and bass ouch kinda hurts but i like it BAM downward arps sound sic WOAH WTF WAS THAT At 0:25 HOLY SHIT THAT WAS TIGHT OMG WAAAAAAAH THIS THEME IS SO SICK AAAAH sine lead is sick, jeez. damn brk down BRK DOWN down pitch kic kick DAMN jaaw g jawwg awwe sheeit we in tha trap jawdawjjawjsjgjgjasjsgjj jaaaaaawg jawjjwajawj jjajaaaajgjajwajwfjaajfj here comes hte drop lol nah jk ;) its just rly melodic now. this is my fav track off the album actually lol. fuck that last track this track is the one. the best track off the album foshopooooo that last one was a lil puzzy bitccch kick icki kcikcikci kickickic jjaaaaaaaaWG woaaaah filter effect daaang. WHATS THAT SOUND IVE NEVER HEARD IT BEFORE WOW this is my new runescape listening music guys lol. only for like epic sheeeit tho. not like, skiling omg i need to stop playibng runescape lmao. sine lead again so sweeeet im like in the tundra on a wolf at night wooooo woaaaaaaah haha nice ending m8 10/10
5. catalyst Kick kickickick KCI BAS KICK BASS KIC KICK CI KCI oooo solidd bass hehe lil flanger in the back ground on the bass or sumthing. this track kinda boring idk. i mean, yeah this parts kinda cool 1:22 where its all cut off n shit. this part might work good cut off 1:40 now it getting melodic haha :)))) dancing in my chair wooooo danse party n_n / yeah gonna skip this one tho lol
6. The Padstow Missile Crisis [ Solarbear is a grade-A noob tier LSDJ user on the seventh plane of terrible ]
WE GOT SUM SOLARBURR SHIT IN HERE WOAH NOW ITS FAST #solarbear sux lmaoooooo. this sounds super familiar im sure ive heard it live or sumthing mayube im mixing up auxcide and solarbear oops. MY BAD AUXCIDE LOL. OH WAIT I JUST SAW THE TITLE IT IS SOLARBEAR LOL. skipping cuz solarbear sux yolo 0/10
7. yung lyfe
woaaah arps echos woah kick CLAP DAMN THIS IS HOT BAS WOW UH UHH YEAH UHH YHEAH best track yet hands down fav track off the album wow this is hot daaaaamn 1:10 that bassline is fucking sexy hot mamas and then the arps kick in again at 1:30 wow so many layers I think thats why I respect auxcide so much lots of layers v professional like trash80 or whoevs. oooooooooooooooooh shit a pich bend up what could it mean o i know DROP jk its just getting a lil loudder lol :) 2:30 very maximal woaaaaaaaaaaah BIG ECHOS BIG FEELINGS 3:30 mmmmmmmmm so inviting. damn getting real intense 3:50 almost tropical hahaaha sounds like steel drums wtf wow ok calming down now i guess its the end of the track. nice chords sexxxiiiiiiiiiiii ok bye bye song lol sea you later bu buy
8. SPECK KCIK ICKI KCICKCICKC KICKICKICKICKIC WOAH THIS SONG IS ALL KINDS OF CRAZY whats going on ouch OH SHIT THIS THA TITAL TRACK gonna be intense that lead at 0:50 jeeeezzz this song is fucking spiritual. awe shit dubstep mosterstep bonus air 1:40 not a fan of the dubstep part tbh but it building up or something? naw thought it was i guess not. woah what thats it? damn u fukin tease. lol
9. Varian [ Metroid ]
idk i never played metriod i dont get the reference.
10. The Moon [ Duck Tales ]
never played duck tales either
overall, really good album, amazingly talented artist check him out AUXCIDE. Unfortunately, we have a strick “no game cover” policy at TOASTYCO. AV so I have to give this album a 0/10. Better luck next time. Compy-